Tuesday 8 March 2011

Happy Woman's day!

MIMOSA~ the symbolic flower of this day~
Hi BAPP fellows!

Yes, today is WOMAN'S DAY here in Italy, I don't think you celebrate it in the U.K., do you?  So I just wanted to give to all the women in this course, students and tutors, a big "YOU GO GIRL!"... hope the boys won't take it too personal! ;P
For me it's definitely a day of Reflection, I did research why we celebrate this day, unfortunately it has become a day about consumerism as flowers and small gifts are given to women on this particular day, but I think the story behind it has to be remembered and honored.

So how is everyone getting along with the course? I've just got myself through the Reflective Reader and I've found it very interesting so far...true thought it' s taking me a while as sometimes I have to go back and re-read some parts, it does take a longer time as English isn't my first language...I hope not to fall behind schedule!

I'd love to know how the campus sessions went so far and if you could give some tips on what came out and what you learnt at the end of the day. I'm trying to see if I can make it to London for the last campus session but if not I would love to be filled in as much as possible, I know they have been very useful for some if you so far.
Also I would love to get to know in you person rather than just knowing you behind your blogs...

Another of my question is how are you getting along with the actual portfolio? Have you started drafting already or you are keeping this task to later on?...Just trying to figure out if I'm in a good place or not sharing thoughts with you all...

Get in touch! I would love to confront me with your work...
Have a nice reflective day everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Woman's Day is a great way to think about issues - I have heard some good programmes - Annie Lennox did a news item programme that mentioned it - but you are right - not with flowers more about inequalities and feminism.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately it is now a well world-wise festivity (where it's celebrated) and many,especially young people, don't know the meaning behind it...I think it should be taught in schools...just my opinion.

    ReplyDelete