Thursday 10 March 2011

2a: Reflective Journal Task: first thoughts and attempt to my Journal.

Today has definitely been a productive day. I got a good bite of the reader, even if I already said it is very hard for me and it takes me probably double the time not being written in my language...but I've stressed that enough, I just need to find my own pace and way of learning with my capability.
This is actually something I've learnt today...I was finding it a bit hard t analyze and engage everything I was reading (learning) so I decided to start my journal and also use it as a tool to clarify my thoughts and understanding more writing along the way...

Mentioning Gardner's different ways to engage learning...turning experience into learning and VAK learners, I straight away realized that KINESTHETIC was definitely one of the way of learning I use the most soon after VISUAL (looking then repeating the dance move)... although I soon after noticed that this is true is if I think of myself as a dancer , I would use my body to start learning a routine, then helping me with AUDITORY as a sound correspond to a movement therefore it's a stronger way to help me remember the steps. But considering myself an all-round performer ( or at least having trained to become one ) if I think, for instance, of my way of learning a song I use LISTENING as my strongest way of learning. I did find very useful in college the use of a dictaphone or my phone, where I would record notes and harmonies of a song to then go home and have them there for me to listen to and help me with the learning process. So I figured that depending on the source of learning, I decide a different way to achieve that.

Since today I've written a lot and my brain is starting to not work, I only wanted to write about what today I felt more interesting and gave me more material to reflect on things.
I would keep going on with my reflections as I go further deep into the reader.

1 comment:

  1. Yes your have gotten the idea and compared to practice - that is the best way to get the knowledge to stick - I am more a visual learner but I have to use memory tricks sometimes... Just saw Wendy Nottingham's 'Fen' play and this had a lot of VAK elements - so I will comment on these when I blog about it. Noticed newer blog about Scottish auditory.. so you are following through with ideas. How many languages have you preformed in? is the language of dance universal? Mina is writing about this on her blog - might want to loo - ballet and western versus asian dance culture AND global ballet...may want to comment from your point of view.

    ReplyDelete