Monday 28 March 2011

Culture Fusion...the beauty of mixing different cultures.

After reading Stepanie's post that also linked me to Sonal's blog about creative inspiration, I couldn't stop thinking of a performer that created the same reaction to me. Being Spanish from my mum side I have a strong passion for the Spanish music and culture in general so when I listen to this performance, a mixture of Flamenco and Arabic sounds, I felt inspired and captured by it! So likewise my blog friend's I thought of sharing this video with you all and see if it also affects you in a way that links you somewhere else...it could become a fun way of starting a creative chain within us all.
Enyoy!




1 comment:

  1. I loved this video! It brought images into my head of the architecture in Southern Spain which has a very arabic influence...really evocative and exotic.

    It's great that we seem to have struck on a subject in our little blog community that we all get really excited by. Everyone has commented and is really interested in ideas about ways of mixing cultures together in performance. It's interesting - I think it shows how our generation are being more and more globalised. Even though I am not from a mixed heritage background, I live in London, a very multi-cultural place, and I am constantly excited by the wealth of cultural inspiration all around me. Lets carry on sharing videos, pictures and ideas along these lines, as we seem to have found a topic that the whole group is keen to explore.

    ReplyDelete