Wednesday 8 February 2012

Starting out with...Copyrights.


After the campus session yesterday I started thinking more of what I need to collect and analyze in order to achieve a 'complete package' for a performer, what I need to have, technically and physically, to become an overall practitioner and obtain maximum results for my career.
As a next step for this project I intend to research and collect every kind of information needed for an emerging performer, these is a rough list of how I will plan it but the idea is to look for:


  • Unions performers can benefit from (Equity, Spotlight, Dance UK..)
  • Photo shoots (how to find the right photographer and links to the best ones,where to print high quality photos)
  • Researching the best monologues suitable for different kind of acting auditions
  • Researching and having prepared different styles of songs suitable for different auditions
  • The agent hunt (how to look for one, best ones for different disciplines)
  • Dance classes (costs and where to go)
  • Singing lessons
  • Jobs (un-paid and student's project and how we can benefit from them)
  • CV tips

To start out my hunt I will share this link found while I was navigating on the DanceUk website:
https://www.danceuk.org/media/cms_page_media/255/Info%20Sheet%204%20Copyright%20for%20Dance.pdf

I now joined Dance UK as it was only £17.50 for students per year and it's an amazing body that sustains and helps dancers in several matters. I found this pdf that explains everything about COPYRIGHTS. I thought it's an important knowledge we (artists) need to have under our belt as it can always come handy and we can always need to protect ourselves and/or our work with copyrights.

Any thoughts about this post? Did you ever had issues about copyrights?

No comments:

Post a Comment