Thursday 23 February 2012

Pippin

As an exercise I decided to do for my inquiry is annotate on my blog all my goals for the upcoming week in terms of what my self-management skills research as a performer that I didn't posses or know before and analyze the results, positive or negative.

On the list I created on my previous post about what I will be trying to achieve for my inquiry, I forgot to insert a bullet point about GOING TO SEE SHOWS. It certainly is a great way of keeping up with the latest productions and what the business is throwing out there right now!
It keeps you informed on who is producing, directing and performing at the moment, also it's great opportunity for networking!
The other night I saw this great production of the musical Pippin at The Menier Chocolate Factory (a show I'm very fond of as it was my first principale role given when we did this production in college) and realized that in the cast there were two performers that had graduated from my same college few years before me; it gave me a link/connection with them so that after the show I managed to contact one of the two and to possibly obtain an interview that may turn out of great value for my practitioner research.

Either way I strongly believe that seeing shows (when our budget allow us to :P) it's a great self-management skill for an emerging performer as well as for an establish one, it keeps our creativity alive.


No comments:

Post a Comment