Tuesday 7 February 2012

Module 3

 - 1st Campus Session - 


Module 3... the final round...
Today was the first Campus session back from the last module 2 (we are still waiting on the results but I got the feeling it went ok) and I was a bit surprised when at my arrival I was the first one as I was running a little late.. I know many of us can't make it because of work commitment but I was hoping on seeing at least few people, luckily in the end Tanisha and Samantha turned up :)


We went through the Module handbook and had a general look into what we are expected to produce for this last module.
We are going to have to prepare 3 parts for this exam:


>  Critical review
>  Professional artefact
>  Oral presentation

During the session we talked about:
-Deadlines (specific dates) and how we need to realistically organize our time into the project.
-Paula suggested we write at least 6 blogs and she pointed out what to include within these blogs (the slideshow we all these details should be on her blog soon)
-Paula suggested we look into where we are at at this stage, revise our Inquiry plan and, within the next week or two, focus and work around feedbacks; also, very important, to get on touch with our advisors as much as needed.
-We finally did a very useful exercise that Adesola created, a very simple map that helped us decide and clarify where we are heading to (arrow) what we want to keep for our project (tick) what we want to get rid of (cross) what we are proud of (word bubble) what we are still unsure of (thinking bubble) and feeling we had so far (heart shape)..more details will be up on Adesola's blog. I thought it was very useful as we can always go back to this this sheet and check if we sticked to it and if we are missing out on something.
-We also looked at some very good example of professional artefacts, which I know are going to be shown for the next session as well, so come along!!!













2 comments:

  1. Thanks very much for posting this, wish I could have been at the session. This final exercise in particular seems like it was very useful, reminding ourselves how far we have come seems like a positive way to start the next module. I am awear various parts of my project plan need clarifying or changing now, I think I am trying to tackle too much, rather than focussing on the specifics, but getting really very detailed findings to analysis from it. Have you had anythoughts of your Professional Artifact yet, whether it be an event, or a work in progress perhaps? Perhaps it's a little way off to be thinking about yet.....:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It 's a little too soon for the artefact but I'm thinking already on what it could be, how I can express my finding in the perfect way for my audience...how about you? any ideas? I think I need to get more into specifics now as well as I still have a too broad inquiry regarding my topic (self management skills for an emerging performer) actually it would be of much help if you have anything that you may want to share about how you experienced you transition from student to professional and what do you do to keep up with the demanding industry!
      HOw about your inquiry, where is it heading to?

      Delete