Sunday 4 December 2011

Inquiry Question Final!





What Business & Self-Management skills are required to survive and succeed as an emerging performer and to what extent is it possible for a freelance performer to control their career development? 


I know it's a bit wordy and I eventually will narrow it down to a more concrete titlwe but this is what I will be focusing on for my Inquiry plan, maybe a little bit late on finding the final decision and to  properly word down what I want to inquiry on...but hey! This is it!!!

Any thoughts and shared ideas that could give me some inputs on my topic?
Please let's interact again...after the "meltdown" of the Facebook SIG I feel we've lost communication a little bit among us peers.

Where is everybody at with their conclusions for the Inquiry plan? 

:)

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you have come to your final question Laura. I know what you mean about it being wordy but I think it quite clearly expresses what you want to find out...I looked at The Creative Choices website that you mentioned in another post and that seems like a great starting point. Also...speaking to friends (like your friend in Wicked) is going to be a really useful interview source. You may even find that just by being out there talking to people, you will make new contacts that could lead to work. I have found that it's amazing how generous people can be with their time and contacts when you are brave enough to ask. There are lots of books about how to succeed as a working actor, so you should find lots of great literature as a starting point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Stephanie!
    I can say you have been a great help for me finding the final inquiry. I hope I will be able to carry a full research on it as it' s something that really interests me professionally...just hard to combine this with our busy schedule! You may know better than me since you are currently in a production...any tips as a professional on how to handle tasks and duties with your little spare time left after work?

    ReplyDelete