Friday 25 November 2011

Linkedin Eureka!.


Recently I've been engaging more with the Linkedin website and I've discovered many of the poeple I've worked, studyed with or simply I know are on it.
It would be interesting to link more with peers in my course to see where they stand at in their professional lives...so this is my link for anyone interested....altough I'm starting to think I should have 2 different profile, one as a performing arts professional and one for my "normal" job links.

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/laura-sinigaglia/16/147/10

While I was navigating on the website I discovered there are discussion boards just like the ones on Facebook that have been recently removed from the web. So I got engaged with the Entertainment Industry discussion and found it very interesting.

http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Entertainment-Industry-93013?mostPopular=&gid=93013&trk=eml-anet_dig-h_gn-gl-cn&ut=3Y2euyheCEgB01

Does anyone would like to start a conversation there? I've started out my discussion....Get in touch!

http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Interested-in-sharing-ideas-thoughts-93013.S.82081311

6 comments:

  1. I had no idea that Linkedin hosted these type of discussion pages - thanks for sharing this information Laura. I joined Linkedin but until now have not used it very much as I couldn't face the thought of getting to grips with another networking site.

    However, reading your post inspired me to go and have a browse and I did find some interesting groups to join, with conversations happening that might help me with the BAPP course. There was one group, for example, that was for independent theatre actors/producers - could be very useful for my polymath study.

    How are things with you? Do you have a question yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good! glad it was helpful...did you see my discussion board?
    Believe it or not I'm not quite there yet, in terms of how I can formulate my question more than anything else...I found that my first interest in different cultures didn't really have a good foundamental and realized there weren't many literatures regarding that area.
    I'm starting to move my thinking more towards the ability for a performer to multitask , which I think it has something to do with polimathy and therefore I'm very interested in your research...I wanted to focus more though on how a performer, after having trained in a particular discipline or multiple like myself, can then expand its career path on different jobs but still arts related...I'm fascinated by how our business is not as strict an rigid towards our career as someone that studies law or medicine...it gives us a bit more space to explore...

    What do you think? any ideas-thoughts?HOw are you getting along with the course (tasks and such...)

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I believe I am connected to Laury - Stephanie what about you? Adesola wondered if this could not be 'the new' forum that we advise students to use for discussions since Facebook proved so changeable. what do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I indeed believe this could be a great forum to discuss among us!!! Maybe it could get suggested on the Libguides for those who didn't get the information through this post..?

    ReplyDelete