Tuesday 25 October 2011

Identifying Knowledge and Skills



Do I work within a disciplinary context in the arts? Or is my situation more
transdisciplinary?

To respond to this question I'm not sure whether I can be generic about an ideal job/past job or if I have to have a concrete actual job I can relate this question to... In the second option I would find myself in a tough situation as I'm currently un-employed, any comments from other students in my same/similar situation would be much appreciated... if I can relate to my last job I could say I worked in a transdisciplinary context as I was well insert into an organization where different disciplines where taken in consideration and where further experimentation by us (performers) was always welcomed.

What do I know? How do I know it? 

With this question I relate to what Rosemary's said about capability that have an element of grading in it and also to Stephanie's blog about how she listed her capabilities according to that.


    What do I know?
Grading HOW I know it
  • Singing live
Proficient
  • Dancing
Competent
  • Acting on stage
Proficient ( language obstacle than can inhibit the capability )
  • Auditioning knowledge
Competent
  • Auditioning preparation and technique
Proficient
  • Communication skills
Proficient
  • History knowledge of MT
Competent
  • Physical abilities
Competent
  • Personal groom as a dancer
Proficient
  • Professional Networking
Competent
  • Financial administration   
Proficient
  • Knowledge of organizations in the Industry



What knowledge and skills do I think you will  need for the future?And what do I need to improve on?

  • More knowledge on self-selling skills for auditions
  • Tv screen technique
  • Improved speech skills
  • Accounting
  • Further acting knowledge (theatre and films)
  • Physical appearance and state ( Fit and healthy body )
Competent












No comments:

Post a Comment