Tuesday 5 April 2011

One of those days...


As for today I felt I wanted to record my thoughts on a post rather than on my journal... maybe because I have it fresh and want to write it down ... I feel the need to discover I'm on this module/course and not that I'm waisting time and energy on this for nothing...I think we all have one of these days sometimes...or am I the only one? You could say...maybe just get on with the task rather than waisting time on this!!!
I found Amy Ruffel's post quite interesting and comforting ... I think she did feel what I'm feeling today!

Main thoughts/feelings for the day:

  • Lost
  • Do I have the right drive for this?
  • Worried...due to the fact that I'm jobless...or not?
  • Am I out of the field? Am I loosing contacts?
  • Not inspired enough
  • Wrong place to be for this?
  • Energy wasted
  • Confusions
  • Will to do good
  • Distractions
  • Up and downs
As you could tell most of what I've written isn't very positive, although I feel I have a lot of energy I'm not using ... I feel stuck, not knowing the real reason why I do feel this way.
I'm sure this is an ongoing feeling and that probably tomorrow it could be better and re-reading this post would make me lough, but probably that's why I'm writing it down...sometimes I used to simply write down on a diary rather than a simple peace of paper what I was feeling when angry or something went wrong, in order to get the anxiousness and worries out of my system, and most of the time it worked, it's something very therapeutic.

So here I tried to make a scrapbook (or I should say a scrap-blog) of images that may help me feeling better...I do believe in the value of visual help...Well, let's try:







I FEEL BETTER ALREADY :)


4 comments:

  1. Yes we all hit walls and develop strategies to get over them. I enjoyed your images and look forward to reading more blog posts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are feeling more positive this week Laura! As Rosemary says...you are certainly not the only one. I think we all have days when we feel overwhelmed or question our direction in life or with our career. The important thing is coming up with strategies to overcome these feelings...like your pictures! I find that yoga or a walk helps me to unwind and re-focus my energy.

    I loved the picture of the girl jumping with the balloons...it made me feel instantly happy! It just shows how powerful visual stimulus can be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do feel better thanks..although because of work I had a full week completely off the course,so until I don't make a good bite back on my tasks I won;t feel completely relaxed and on tracks..luckily this hell week is come to an end and I can go back to developing my skills and reflections. Looking forward to reading your latest posts I've missed out Stephanie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking in imagery can communicate sometimes better than words. Like words, pictures can be sourced from the web and often beyond that - usually they are ok to copy with citation if not used for commercial purposes - even though this is now for education) these pictures... I think the use of images has now grown since Web2.0 because technology has allowed us all to think that way again. Before this images were too large and difficult to replicate in periodicals. Here you have used them in conjunction with words to describe a state of mind. It is important to touch base with person/professional states of mind in order to evaluate the next step. I think we can all emphasise. It sometimes helps to start organising the next step - which you already said in your blog... There have also been some things written about transitions - for careers and specifically in your field - that might be worth seeking out. I tend to research things to try to figure them out - which is sort of what professional practice is about. Learning how to do that for the current and next steps.

    ReplyDelete